Happy 2022 Pride!
For the third year in a row, we’re celebrating the best month of the year on the blog, and I am so excited for this year. In usual fashion, it will be entirely different from last year because I am a lot tired about most things, and I’ve been taking it slow recently. I’m just coming back from a short two-week hiatus on the blog, and I’m slowly starting to get my feet wet with reading & writing again, so I don’t want to overdo it and promise way more than I actually can. It’s funny, too, because in last year’s happy Pride post, I wrote about how little I did the year previous, and then I went all out last year, and now here I am, back to doing only a little. Well, only a little on the blog, and much more in real life.
Last year, however, I did write a lot of Pride-specific posts, and I want to showcase them before we talk about this year:
- Favorite Queer Couples
- Stop the Homophobia in Fantasy
- Home short story
- My First Ah Ha! Moment
- Queer Fantasy MCs
- Heartstopper review
- Seasons of Love short story
- Coming Out
- Favorite Queer Moments in My Books
- Queer Books I Want to Read
- The Astronomer, The Librarian, and the Goddess short story
- It’s Not About You
- More Queer Characters in Fantasy
- Why You NEED to Watch Sense8
Not gonna lie, seeing that whole list written out like that is making me really rethink my Pride plan this year.
Alright, y’all, I’ve officially changed my tune, this month is going to be epic in all ways. If I’m already writing posts, might as well make them gay because that’s how the world in general should be, so we’ve got plans this month.
What can you expect?
- Mondays, as always, will continue to be discussion posts. Last year had a big theme in me screaming about queer characters in fantasy, and this year I’ve subconsciously created a theme around making the gay obvious, so buckle up for several posts of me being angry at everything for not being just outright. We are not a plot twist!
- Tuesdays are TTTs, obviously, and like last year, no one was doing any Pride-specific TTTs, so I made up my own ideas and just did my own thing.
- Wednesdays are different this year only because I’m now participating in the weekly WWW meme, so while these aren’t intentionally gay, they will be anyway since my TBR is nuts.
- And we’re back for Thursday Thousands again this year! Admittedly, this is the one that might fall by the wayside, so if you don’t see a post on a Thursday, it’s because this will be the kind of last straw for me. Writing has been really difficult for the last year, and trying to write four short stories is probably a bad idea, but my plan is to write about some old & new characters.
Other than that sudden burst of energy, I’m also going to be reading a ton of queer books this year. I have twelve books on my list (stay tuned for my TBR later this week), and I’m really going to make an honest effort to read all of them. I think our movie watching will be a little lighter this year just because I don’t have the time to watch two movies a week, but Erin will also be coming to visit for the festival in Salem, so it’s possible we’ll watch a few that weekend. No matter what, it’s going to be a big, bold month, and I can’t wait to watch it all unfold.
Leave a Reply